By accepting this Code of Conduct, Users agree to abide by the following:
RESPECT OTHERS. The most important part of participating in the BarLink System is recognizing that the Location Boards are visible to and used by numerous other people. Users must be respectful to the ideals, feelings, opinions, and thoughts all those involved on the Boards.
- User will not include in User profile or in any content posted or otherwise transmitted to the Boards any illegal or sexual references, or offensive, sexually suggestive, or connotative language.
- User will not purposefully bully, harass, or intimidate any other User.
- User will not post any content that is hateful, threatening, pornographic, contains nudity or graphic violence, or incites violence or other socially inappropriate behavior.
- User will not use the BarLink System for any behavior classified as unlawful, misleading, discriminatory, or malicious, nor do anything that might disable, overburden, or impair the regular operation of the BarLink website.
- User will not attempt to upload any malicious code.
- User will not solicit login information or access another User’s account.
NO PROFANITY. Profanity has no place on the BarLink Boards. The BarLink System is equipped with censoring sequences and may not permit messages containing certain inappropriate language to be posted, however, it cannot prevent all inappropriate language and Users understand and accept the responsibility to use good judgment in selecting their words. Profanity includes attempts to bypass the built in filter that these boards contain to avoid some such words. Anyone found trying to bypass the filter will have their BarLink System access revoked. BarLink reserves the indisputable right to determine what User Content may be considered profane or inappropriate.
NO PERSONAL MESSAGES ON THE BOARDS. The BarLink Boards are not for exchanging personal messages with friends. If the message is not intended for everyone, or for everyone to see, it does not belong on the Boards. BarLink provides an internal messaging system for private messages amongst individual Users.
ACCEPT RESPONISIBILITY. Users are solely responsible for their interactions with other BarLink Users, both online and offline. Users agree not to post or otherwise transmit or permit anyone to post or otherwise transmit any unlawful, harassing, libelous, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.
DON’T SPAM. Users will not use the BarLink System for any unauthorized commercial communications, multi-level marketing (such as pyramid schemes), chain letters, junk mail, advertising, spamming in any form, market research, surveys of any type, distribution lists to contact any person or entity, or allow any third party to use User’s BarLink account. Nor will Users collect other User information or otherwise access BarLink by any automated means (bots, spiders, scrapers, etc.).
KEEP IT LEGAL. Users will only use the BarLink System for lawful purposes, and in compliance with all applicable laws including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, intellectual property, obscenity and defamation laws, whether statutory or common-law in nature. Users will not take any action or post User Content that infringes or violates another User’s rights, intellectual property rights of any kind, or otherwise violates the law. Users will not, directly or indirectly, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to discover the source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of the BarLink Systems.
GUIDELINES FOR ONLINE PERSONAL SAFETY
- BarLink cautions Users against giving out personally identifiable information (such as social security numbers, credit card numbers, names and addresses, telephone numbers, driver license numbers) to other Users online, which may be used for illegal or harmful purposes.
- Never reveal information about personal identity (such as address, phone number, age, physical description or school) to Users whom you may encounter through the BarLink System, online or otherwise. Likewise, do not reveal such information on the Boards where not everyone who might see the information is known.
- Never reveal personal information on a Board about someone else unless given prior permission to do so and only if the information will not be used for harmful purposes.
- Never reveal BarLink account access credentials or that of any other User.
- Never send a picture of another person or a group of people over an electronic network without prior informed permission of all the individuals involved and, in the case of minors, their parents or guardians.
- Never publish the specific dates, times and locations of personal plans for Users who are not directly entitled to such information or to Location Boards where unknown Users might access that information.